Thursday, March 29, 2007

Is inner beauty no longer impt?

what is inner beauty?
is knowledge consider beautiful?
does kindness make a person more beautiful?
to me...inner beauty supercede external...
but i wonder is my thinking outdated in this 21st century?

what trigger this topic of discussion
i was out with my friends for a gathering
and the topic on their facials, IHL, peel, laser, slimming sessions etc etc
and the thing is....i didn't even notice the 'slimmer' friend....the other friend with 'fairer face'...

they make me think...why place so much emphasis on external beauty
or is it something wrong with me...why didn't i notice their changes...and why didn't i think it is impt...to me...i always ask them to read this book...sign up for this course...

their excuses were that they don't like books as much as i do, they are more vain...i don't think my friends changed so much...i don't think i'm much difference from them...

but i wonder...has this got to do with the extensive advertisements on external beauty
given the daily bombardment of cosmetic advertisement, slimming advertisement etc

one of them even commented that...the best thing to them will be that i notice the difference...then their 'beauty regime' will be considered a success because i'm the total 'blockhead' in this area.
and the parting shot: do not just think of knowledge as beauty, start placing more impt on my look... is it so importance...will i succumb to all these external thing? how sad if that's all they think about

No comments:

Blog Archive