Tuesday, August 13, 2013

review of vpost charge

when I got a promotion leaflet from vpost in my mail together with dbs bank, i thought i do a personal review of the service provided.
first i signup for an account with vpost, which is quite easy. after that I proceeded to surf the internet aka online shopping from vpost website and landed on a japanese shopping bag. I chanced upon a very lovely bag which was having sale at about $35 and decided to place an order. I checked out the item and found that they do ship direct to Singapore. At the checkout, shipping cost will be advised by the seller before they shipped the item. I was quite pleased with such a service and decided not to use vpost which i have no idea the shipping cost. I placed the order on 6 August and to my delight the shipping cost was less than $20 using EMS and I got the item delivered to my doorstep on 12 August. The bag weighs 600g. I still have not given up on testing vpost. So on 7 August, I shopped from another item from the same website and found a lovely shorts, this time I checked out with shipping instruction to my vpost japan account.
Immediately they indicated the delivery charge of ~S$2.10. The shorts costs about S$18. I was thinking vpost cant be more expensive than EMS since their delivery is much longer. I only received an email on 13 August 3pm informing me that the parcel arrived that the Japan venue. I login to ship to Singapore and my gosh!!! the shipping cost is a whopping $23.25, cost more than the shorts itself, and the weight is only 200g. I was so disappointed! Not only that, the estimated delivery is 20-23 August, a good 7-10 days wait!!!! But what to do, still got to pay right, since the item was already paid for. Luckily I got the 30% off shipping to help me defray the cost!

No comments:

Blog Archive